Job Opening - Manager of Events
By: Megan Seals, Communications Coordinator, Jackson Chamber on May 28, 2014
Job Description - Manager of Events
Position: Manager of Events
Effective Date: May 28, 2014
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel
Summary – The Manager of Events shall plan, coordinate and conduct activities to ensure an increase in the Chamber’s overall non-dues revenue. He/she is responsible for the execution of Chamber events and activities within the scope of the organization working closely with the Communications Coordinator to market all events to the membership, and general public, when appropriate.
RESPONSIBILITES – Non-Dues Revenue Events:
- ANNUAL CELEBRATION – Oversee business award application process. Secure event sponsors and work to increase attendance at event. Reevaluate annually to determine needed changes, effectiveness of format and support by the community.
- BUSINESS AFTER HOURS – Secure event sponsors and work with Communications Coordinator to promote monthly BAH. Work with Ambassador Coordinator to schedule volunteers to assist with event.
- WOMEN IN BUSINESS - Work, utilizing a committee, to create an environment that provides opportunities for women to learn, network and grow as business professionals. Reevaluate annually to determine changing needs of area professional women.
- JACKSON YOUNG PROFESSIONALS – Secure event sponsors. Work, utilizing an advisory council, to create an environment that provides opportunities for area young professionals to learn from proven community leaders and network. Revaluate annually to determine changing needs of area young professionals.
- QUARTERLY MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS - Secure event sponsors. Coordinate speakers and/or program for the gathering. Work to maximize attendance and offer opportunities to recognize volunteers and promote Chamber activities.
- BUSINESS EXPO - Secure event sponsors. Work to maximize the visibility for exhibitors and attendance at event. Reassess on a biennial basis to determine changes, creative character of event and market interest by potential exhibitors and attendees.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Other
- EVENT ASSISTANCE -Provide assistance to all staff in providing ideas, in-house decorations available for use, utilization of existing event forms, etc. to enhance their event and reduce expenses.
The Manager of Events is accountable to the Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel for the Chamber’s overall growth of non-dues revenue events and activities.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and planning skills required.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Incumbent should possess good human relation skills and the ability to work well with people of all backgrounds.
- Requires effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge and proficiency in personal computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, and ability to learn Chamber software programs.
- Ability to generate new ideas which create new revenue.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in confidential matters.
- Ability to coordinate multiple functions and tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or closely related field.
Applicants can send their resumes to Ryan Porter, [email protected], by Wednesday, June 4 end of business. For more information or questions, please contact Ryan by email or call 731-423-2200.