Nunnery appointed to the Tennessee Hospitality & Tourism Association (TnHTA) Board
By: on Nov 18, 2014
Lori Nunnery, Executive Director of the Convention & Visitor's Bureau, has been appointed to the Tennessee Hospitality & Tourism Association (TnHTA) Board. TnHTA is the advocacy voice and key resource for information and education for the Hospitality & Tourism Industry in Tennessee. The organization’s purpose is to represent the common interest of members in the Hospitality Industry, including political action, education, and industry advancements, in an ethical and professional manner. This purpose will be effectuated by:
• Protecting the business interests of the hospitality & tourism industry in Tennessee through advocacy efforts at the local, state and federal levels of government; and
• Creating and maintaining an environment that encourages the hospitality industry to thrive and succeed; and
• Encouraging the use of best practices in the hospitality industry by sponsoring and supporting programs designed to improve the educational standards and business techniques of the industry; and
• Disseminating hospitality research and information to members, the public, and to elected officials about the importance of the hospitality industry; and
• Encourage and promote the tourism industry within the state and advancing the general interest of the hospitality and tourism industry by securing adequate funding for tourism activities in Tennessee
The Board of Directors of the Tennessee Hospitality & Tourism Association is the policy-making body for the organization. The board sets the Association’s strategic direction, provides fiscal oversight, and monitors programs and services. Nunnery was named to the inaugural installation of the Tourism Caucus.
With more than 8 years in the non-profit industry in progressively responsible strategic positions, preceded by more than 15 years in the tourism and hospitality fields in significant positions, Nunnery has served as the leader for the Jackson, Tennessee Convention and Visitors Bureau for the past 4 1/2 years.
Nunnery currently serves on Governor Haslam’s Tennessee Tourism Taskforce and is a member of the Experiences sub-committee and the Rural Tourism Initiative. Additionally she is a graduate of the WestStar Regional Leadership Program and is a Certified Tennessee Tourism Professional (CTTP), Certified Festival and Events Planner (FEP) and Tourism Marketing Professional (TMP).