Jackson Chamber is hiring an Economic Development Assistant
Position: Economic Development Assistant
Effective Date: April 23, 2018
Incumbent: New Position
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Economic Development
Summary - The Economic Development Assistant, under general direction, will be responsible for performing a variety of confidential economic development and administrative duties. He/she will serve as the primary back up receptionist, provide excellent customer service to guests both on the phone and in person. They will also maintain daily record of accounts receivable for the organization. Additional responsibilities include updating all social media accounts as often as is necessary, and to provide support and administrative duties in other areas such as workforce development, leadership development, events, and others, as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality on all economic development related projects
- Responsible for departmental support and working closely with other members of the Economic Development and workforce development team. Support work may include written correspondence, data entry, research, database and directory updates, presentation preparation, and other computer support as needed.
- Coordinate events for existing industry, industrial prospect and workforce development meetings, including invitations, RSVPs, itineraries, meeting set-ups and take downs
- Day to day responsibility in assisting with client proposals, PowerPoint presentations, packages, and others as needed.
- Assist in responding to requests for information for industrial prospects
- Conduct periodic reviews and essential research for the maintenance/update of website and electronic communications including: Tracking company employment numbers and functions, quarterly cost of living research study and creating/updating PowerPoint presentations, and other related demographics
- In partnership with other staff, participate in grant writing as well as various administrative functions and reports related to required grant paperwork
- Provide clerical and administrative support for the Manager of Leadership Development.
- Responsible for updating all Jackson Chamber-related social media accounts, to include Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Using internal database program, recording a daily posting of accounts receivable for the organization.
- Serves as back up receptionist to cover front desk when receptionist is out or away from the front desk, greeting individuals or groups in person and on-the-phone and providing requested information.
- Assist the event staff with the planning and execution of chamber events and activities.
- High school diploma; post-secondary credential or degree preferred
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Position demands high productivity and the ability to problem solve in short time periods
- Must be excellent “multi-tasker” and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Effective telephone and other interpersonal communications skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs and in manipulating computer databases
- Must be able to maintain discretion with regard to confidential or sensitive information that is part of the economic development process
Resumes are being accepted through NOON Monday, April 30th. Email your resume to Mandy White.