Join Discovery Park of America for a two days of special presentations of the 2022 “Roots of Rhythm” world music showcase on March 11-12, 2022. This show is an exciting
Join Discovery Park of America for a two days of special presentations of the 2022 “Roots of Rhythm” world music showcase on March 11-12, 2022. This show is an exciting blend of musical performances and educational talks on music from the African diaspora.
- March 11 at 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. (open to public schools and the general public)
- March 12 at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. (open to the general public)
Student Group and Chaperone Ticket Prices:
- Student General Admission: $7.95 per student
- One adult will be admitted free for every 10 students.
- Any additional adults booking with group: $10.95
- Chaperones paying at the door without booking with group: $19.99 plus tax
- Principals, administrators, school nurses and bus drivers: Free
Capacity is limited. First come first served.
Before coming to Discovery Park, all participating schools will receive student activity packets to help supplement learning about the countries being presented.
“Roots of Rhythm” is a one-of-a-kind experience that elevates cultural awareness about music from around the globe through energetic performances and engaging audience participation activities. It is an interdisciplinary voyage that encompasses world history and geography through the lens of music, coinciding with the National Standards for Arts Education.
You can learn more about “Roots of Rhythm,” including images and promo videos, at the UTM Percussion Website.
March 11 (Friday) - 12 (Saturday)
Discovery Park of America
830 Everett Boulevard, Union City TN 38261