American Kennel Club Dog Show Returns
The Jackson Dog Fanciers Association and the Tupelo Kennel Club brings dog lovers their annual All-Breed Dog Show this weekend! More than 600 dogs and their owners will get the chance to strut their stuff in the show ring Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 22 - 24, 2019 at the Jackson Fairgrounds Park, 800 S Highland Ave, Jackson, TN 38301 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each day. The event is great for the whole family and admission is free! Dogs that are not entered in the competitions are not permitted on show grounds.
- Meet and greet a variety of different dog breeds. Visitors can learn about responsible dog ownership and speak with breeders, owners and exhibitors.
- Watch the judging of various breeds in Conformation and cheer for your favorite.
- See young owner-handlers compete against their peers in the Junior Showmanship Competition.
- Watch owner-handlers compete in a special series called the National Owner-Handled Series. These exhibitors are striving for a spot in the finals at the AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin in Orlando in December.
- See puppies getting started in the sport in the AKC Sanctioned 4 and under 6 Months Puppy Competition.
Admission: Spectator entry is free | $5 per vehicle parking fee applies.
Show Program: Find full event details here.
Jackson Tn Dog Fanciers Association, was established in 1996. Jackson TN Dog Fanciers Association (JTDFA) promotes the study, breeding and exhibition of purebred dogs and responsible dog ownership. For nearly 10 years, the Jackson, Tennessee Dog Fanciers Association has been presenting top-ranked dog shows.
Tupelo Kennel Club Inc, was established in 1991. The basic purpose of a club's existence is to responsibly promote the welfare of pure-bred dogs, to improve the knowledge of its members and to be of service to the sport and the community in general. The club is pleased to join with JTDFA to present this premier show.
The American Kennel Club, founded in 1884, is a not-for-profit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function.
Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership.
More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred dogs are held under AKC rules and regulations each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and earthdog tests.
Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog.
For more information, visit www.akc.org