Job Posting – Manager of Accounting
February 13, 2023
Position: Manager of Accounting
Reports To: President/CEO
Summary: Performs professional accounting work involving the accurate compilation, preparation, and maintenance of financial data and records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Oversees the administration of accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, and other accounting functions.
- Manages organizations budget process.
- Coordinates processes with other workgroups throughout the company, external auditors, financial institutions, vendors, customers, etc.
- Processes information on journal entries, daily cash, routine journals, and periodic reports related to earnings, taxes, benefits, etc.
- Analyzes and reconciles various sub-ledger accounts with the general ledger.
- Ensures timely maintenance of the chart of accounts system.
- Reviews and verifies periodic reports associated with organization.
- Compiles and reviews various reports for management and outside sources. (i.e. – monthly financial reports, annual reports, etc.)
- Maintains proper records and documentation for applicable areas within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with company control policies and procedures.
- Serves as point of contact for outsourced IT.
- Maintains employee files.
- B. S. degree in accounting preferred or at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- CPA not required but preferred. For CPA candidates, study materials and exam fees will be paid for by the Chamber.
- Must have strong microcomputer skills, and demonstrate a high level of competence in spreadsheet and accounting software applications.
- Quickbooks experience is a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and organizational/analytical ability also required.
Email your resume to Russell Cook.