Transportation & Logistics in Jackson, TN
When it comes to location, Jackson has the right connections. Major highways and interstates radiate from Jackson like spokes on a wheel. Just 80 miles east of Memphis and 120 miles west of Nashville, Jackson is located on Interstate 40. Located in the Central time zone, Jackson is one hour behind the East Coast and two hours ahead of the West, extending the working day for companies that do business throughout the country. Jacksons transportation assets offer absolute advantages for product and supply distribution, just-in-time delivery, and business travel.
- Located on Interstate 40, with ten interchanges and easy access to Interstate 55
- Major highways north-south and east-westthe community is well positioned and provides easy access to all its amenities. Major highways include: U.S. 70 and
- U.S. 412 provide east-west routes, while U.S. 45 and U.S. 45 Bypass go north and south. State routes include Highways 18, 198, and 223.
- Tennessee is within a days drive of 76% of the US Population
- CSX, Norfolk-Southern and the West Tennessee Railroad connect Jackson by rail to the rest of North America.
- McKellar-Sipes Regional Airport offers two daily flights to Nashville and Memphis through Seaport Airlines.
- The FedEx World Headquarters is located in nearby Memphis, which means lower transportation costs and faster delivery times for our growing industry base.
Distance in driving miles from Jackson to selected major markets:
|City||Distance from Jackson, TN|
|New York City||1015|