Jill Erling serves as manager of events for the Jackson Chamber. She manages the daily affairs of Jackson Chamber events including ribbon cuttings and overseeing the Ambassadors. The Ambassadors are the goodwill sector of the chamber that supports members by attending ribbon cuttings and groundbreakings. Erling has been with the chamber since 2016.
Jill grew up in Iowa and has been a Jackson transplant since 2010. She graduated from Western Illinois University with a bachelor’s degree in marketing and a minor in management. Upon graduation, she worked as a marketing intern at the Putnam Museum and IMAX Theatre in Davenport, Iowa where she helped organize events and promote the facility’s museum exhibits and IMAX movies.
When Erling moved to Jackson, she worked in the food and beverage department at the Jackson Country Club. She has also held positions at Home Medical Products and AlphaMed providing medical equipment for patients. In her spare time, Jill likes to hang out with friends, cook, read and attend local events.
Five Fun Facts
- While growing up, Erling’s family bred and raised peacocks and other exotic animals.
- Self-proclaimed expert at building snow forts
- Fan of all Chicago sports teams
- First job was at a water park named Wacky Waters
- Her small home town has now become an antique hot spot because of the American Pickers TV show.