Jackson Chamber seeking Membership Coordinator
The Jackson Chamber is currently expanding its sales team. The chamber is a membership-driven organization comprised of nearly 1,250 business enterprises, civic organizations, education institutions and individuals. Its mission is to develop and maintain an economic climate, which creates and retains jobs and enhances the quality of life for all citizens of Madison County and West Tennessee.
The membership coordinator position is responsible for selling memberships to prospective non-member businesses by communicating the benefits of the chamber. In addition, increase retention rates by maintaining excellent member relations through development strategies and engaging them in our existing programs. Provides detailed information on various programs offered through the chamber and orients the client to the organization. This position reports directly to the manager of member engagement.
A complete job description is as follows:
Job Title: Membership Coordinator (Outside Sales Representative)
Wage: Base plus Incentives
- Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
- Achieve budgeted membership goals
- Comfortable with working in the Jackson area majority of the time, with some occasional time in the office
- Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the organization
- Remains informed of member benefits, Chamber events, etc.
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
- Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
- Encourages participation and retention in the Chamber
- Attends regular sales/staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Member Engagement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, detailed oriented
- Previous sales experience
- Self-starter with a professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- One who can think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
- Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment
- Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.