Wellness Month In Jackson
August is National Wellness Month so, let's talk about it. The Global Wellness Institute defines wellness as “the active pursuit of activities, choices, and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health.” Also, wellness is significantly influenced by physical, social, and cultural environments. So, as you can imagine right now many people are struggling to stay well. There are a lot of dimensions to the whole of wellness, including (but not limited to) physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental.
How are you going to focus on your wellness this month? We're no expert, but here are a couple of suggestions to help you work on the different dimensions of your personal wellness in Jackson.
- Get to work on your personal physical wellness by going for a run at Liberty Park.
- 24 Channing Way, Jackson, TN 38305
- Join a fitness group like the newest one around, Hub City Fitness, for the physical and social aspects.
- Take a stroll through Cypress Grove (pictured above) to get in touch with nature and focus on physical and environmental wellness.
- 866 Airways Blvd, Jackson, TN 38301
- There are so many benefits to spending a day of pampering at Jackson Massage & Day Spa. This can improve your physical, emotional, and mental health.
- Get your friends together for a game night at Hub City Brewing (pictured above) for a little socializing.
- Improve your mental and spiritual wellness by getting a thought provoking new book at Light Trap Books.
- Croquet anyone?
- Pick up a new sport and make some new friends at the Pickleball courts. This is the perfect opportunity to work on physical and social aspects.
Now you have a good start to spend a little time working on your own personal wellness in Jackson, TN!